Biografías / Biographies
Learn about well-known and accomplished Latin Americans and Latino/a Americans through these fascinating biographies. This collection is part of Learning A–Z's Authentic Spanish Series. Each biography in the collection is offered at three reading levels to support differentiated instruction. Support resources for instruction accompany each individual title.
Why Use Biografías / Biographies
Learning about well-known and accomplished Latin Americans and Latino/a Americans through these engaging biographies helps students learn about the history and cultures of a diverse group of people. Each book within the collection is written at three levels of difficulty, making differentiating instruction easier while fostering multicultural understanding.
Each title is accompanied by book-specific support resources:
- Lesson Plan
- Comprehension Skill and Reading Strategy instruction and activities
- Grammar instruction and activities
- Word work instruction and activities
- Text-dependent Discussion Questions and Content-Area connection activities
- Comprehension Quiz
How to Use Biografías / Biographies
The variety of resources available in the series allows for flexibility in your instructional approach.
- Follow suggestions in the Lesson Plans that accompany the books for building knowledge or use the instructional tips and worksheets for skill-based instruction.
- Use the Comprehension Quizzes to check for understanding of the text and inform you of students' instructional needs.
- Assign books at the most appropriate reading level for students to read independently.
- Improve comprehension and take readers beyond the text by having them answer the Lesson Plan's text-dependent questions, Discussion Questions, and Focus Questions.
- Have students apply their learning through content-area related activities by responding to the Connections found on the back of each book.
- Build students' analytical skills by having them compare the people who are the subjects of this collection of biographies.
- Have students choose a person from this collection of biographies to research further and write about.