Reading A-Z's Spanish resources support the growth of native and non-native Spanish speakers' reading and language skills in bilingual or dual language programs.
- Our Spanish language High-Frequency-Word and Alphabet books help beginning readers and speakers expand their vocabulary as they develop knowledge of Spanish phonetics and spelling conventions.
- Our authentic Spanish books, or Español auténtico, provide cultural enrichment and improve students' Spanish comprehension skills and fluency as they read the language in its original context.
- The original Spanish Benchmark Passages provide resources to assess students' reading behavior and comprehension in Spanish.
- With our Spanish Translated Leveled Books, students develop vocabulary and grammar knowledge as they explore a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction titles available at 29 levels of instruction.
Why Use Reading A-Z Spanish Resources
- Choose from among a large collection of translated PreK-5 Spanish leveled books to support language skills and acquisition. Spanish Translated Leveled Books are listed at the same levels as their English counterparts.
- Pair English-Spanish readers to promote biliteracy using thematic or content instruction.
- Supporting materials build emerging bilinguals' listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills and promote vocabulary development in the target language.
- A balanced collection of narrative and informational texts builds both literacy and content-area instruction in Spanish.
- Multilevel texts support mixed-level classrooms.
- Authentic Spanish, or Español auténtico, books provide opportunities for cultural enrichment and increase fluency and overall comprehension for native and non-native Spanish speakers.
- Spanish Summer School Theme Packs deliver skill-based, differentiated instruction for any dual-language or bilingual summer school setting.
- High-Frequency Word and Alphabet Books introduce students to the sounds and most common words in Spanish.
- Original Spanish Benchmark Passages provide resources to assess students' reading behavior and comprehension in Spanish.