Spanish Books & Passages
Reading A-Z's Spanish resources support the growth of native and nonnative Spanish speakers\' reading and language skills in bilingual or dual language programs.
- Spanish-language texts such as High-Frequency Word and Alphabet Books help beginning readers and speakers expand their vocabulary as they develop knowledge of Spanish phonetics and spelling conventions.
- Authentic Spanish Books provide cultural enrichment while improving students’ Spanish-comprehension skills and fluency as they read the language in its original context.
- With our Spanish Leveled Books, students develop vocabulary and grammar knowledge as they explore a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction titles available at 29 levels of instruction.
- Spanish Close Reading Packs promote careful analysis of text while building important skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, and communication.
Why Use Spanish Resources
- Choose from among a large collection of translated PreK–5 Spanish Leveled Books to support language skills and acquisition. Spanish Translated Leveled Books are listed at their Spanish reading level with the level of their English counterparts also displayed.
- Pair English-Spanish readers to promote biliteracy using thematic or content instruction.
- Supporting materials build emerging bilingual students\’ listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills and promote vocabulary development in the target language.
- A balanced collection of narrative and informational texts builds both literacy and content-area instruction in Spanish.
- Multilevel texts support mixed-level classrooms.
- Authentic Spanish Books provide opportunities for cultural enrichment, increasing fluency and overall comprehension for native and nonnative Spanish speakers.
- High-Frequency Word and Alphabet Books introduce students to the sounds and most common words in Spanish.
- Original Spanish Benchmark Passages provide resources to assess students’ reading behavior and comprehension in Spanish.