Los números / Numbers
Early readers build number sense through images of quantities and number words. Each illustrated book focuses on a single number from 1 through 12 in settings familiar to students. This collection is part of Learning A-Z’s Authentic Spanish Series and has been created in a single level for young readers. Support resources for instruction accompany each title.
Why Use Los números / Numbers
This collection focuses on a single numeral per book, 1 through 12. Illustrations that reflect life in Spanish-speaking communities help emergent readers identify patterns and practice counting and number recognition.
Each title is accompanied by book-specific support resources:
- Lesson Plan
- Phonics and Phonological Awareness instruction and activities
- Grammar instruction and activities
- Comprehension Skill and Reading Strategy instruction and activities
- Text-dependent Discussion Questions and Content-Area connection activities
- Comprehension Quiz
How to Use Los números / Numbers
The variety of resources available in the series allows for flexibility in your instructional approach.
- Follow suggestions in the Lesson Plan that accompanies each book to build knowledge or use the instructional tips and worksheets for skill-based instruction.
- Use the Comprehension Quizzes to check for understanding and inform you of students' instructional needs.
- Assign books for students to read independently.
- Improve comprehension and take readers beyond the text by having them answer the Lesson Plan's text-dependent questions, Discussion Questions, and Focus Questions.
- Have students apply what they learn through content-area-related activities by responding to the Connections found on the back of each book.
- Build students' analytical skills by having them group items from their own experiences based on the scenes in the books such as playing in the park, visiting an ice cream shop, or watching a parade.