Los colores / Colors
Experience all 6 colors of the rainbow—and black and white—in settings students encounter every day. Detailed photographs on each page help beginning readers learn to describe the world around them. This collection is part of Learning A-Z's Authentic Spanish Series and has been created in a single level for young readers. Support resources for instruction accompany each title.
Why Use Los colores / Colors
Colors are some of the first words people learn to describe the world around them. This collection focuses on a single color per book. Images of situations that students experience in their daily lives help them understand how colors can tell a story and create a mood.
Each title is accompanied by book-specific support resources:
- Lesson Plan
- Phonics and Phonological Awareness instruction and activities
- Grammar instruction and activity
- Comprehension Skill and Reading Strategy instruction and activities
- Text-dependent Discussion Questions and Content-Area connection activities
- Comprehension Quiz
How to Use Los colores / Colors
The variety of resources available in the series allows for flexibility in your instructional approach.
- Follow suggestions in the Lesson Plan that accompanies each book for building knowledge or use the instructional tips and worksheets for skill-based instruction.
- Use the Comprehension Quizzes to check for understanding and inform you of students' instructional needs.
- Assign books for students to read independently.
- Improve comprehension and take readers beyond the text by having them answer the Lesson Plan's text-dependent questions, Discussion Questions, and Focus Questions.
- Have students apply their learning through content-area-related activities by responding to the Connections found on the back of each book.
- Build students' analytical skills by having them point out where they see colors from the book in the world around them.
- Have students share where they see their favorite colors when they go to different places where they live.