Poetry Books, Nursery Rhymes, & Song Books
Teach listening skills, rhyming patterns, and rhythm to students of all ages with these engaging Poetry Books, traditional Nursery Rhymes, and Song Books. The poetry writing lessons with scaffolded worksheets also offer opportunities to identify, read, and write poetry.
Top Five Reasons Why Students Should Study Poetry
- Poetry supports the development of the building block of literacy as defined in Put Reading First, many state and national standards, and the Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Poetry supports the development of the traits of good writing and addresses needs to raise the standards for writing.
- Poetry is an excellent venue to teach and reinforce discrete grammar and vocabulary skills.
- Poetry provides a focus for reading and writing, and helps students learn how to be concise.
- Poetry supports components defined in brain research, such as the importance of searching for patterns, and is an acceptable way for students to express emotions and feelings.
Poetry Books, Nursery Rhymes, and Song Books Overview