Explore stunning national parks across the United States in this collection for grades 1-2. Each book in the series describes a different national park’s history, geography, and wildlife. Descriptive text, engaging photographs, and dynamic graphics introduce students to these special places.
Why Use National Parks
Reading about different national parks around the United States helps students learn why it's important to protect these special places.
Each book in the National Parks series includes common topics, so students can compare and contrast the information presented in the books or analyze the series as a whole. Each book is written at three levels of difficulty for differentiated instruction. The books and ancillary resources will help students meet ELA and various social studies standards.
How to Use National Parks
The variety of resources in the series allows for flexibility in your instructional approach.
- Follow leveled-book lesson plans to incorporate reading strategies and comprehension skills.
- Use Comprehension Quizzes to check for understanding.
- Take students beyond the text by having them complete the Connections activities on the back cover of each book.
- Reinforce teaching objectives with worksheets.
- Use discussion cards to promote higher-order thinking skills.
- Have students choose a topic to write about related to the theme.
- Assign a research project related to one of the books in the collection.