Explore a variety of habitats around the world in the grade 4 Brilliant Biomes collection. Each book in the series describes a different biome and its location, climate, plants, and animals. Descriptive text, vivid photographs, and detailed maps provide students an in-depth look at the unique landscapes that make up our Earth.
Why Use Brilliant Biomes
Reading about different biomes around the world helps students learn about geography and climate, and how plants and animals are able to survive in a variety of environments.
Each text in the Brilliant Biomes series includes common themes and ideas, so students can compare and contrast the information presented in the books or analyze the set as a whole. The books and ancillary resources will help students meet ELA standards and various science standards.
How to Use Brilliant Biomes
The variety of resources available in the series allows for flexibility in your instructional approach.
- Follow leveled-book lesson plans for each book to incorporate reading strategies and comprehension skills.
- Use Comprehension Quizzes to check for understanding.
- Take readers beyond the text by having them complete the Connections activities on the back cover of each book.
- Reinforce teaching objectives with worksheets.
- Use discussion cards to promote higher-order thinking skills.
- Have students choose a topic to write about related to the collection's theme and use the books from the collection as models.
- Assign a research project related to one of the books in the collection.